Cyber-attacks are a concern for any organisation and therefore should not be ignored. Cyber protection has to be balanced against perceived risk as it can be an expensive exercise to fund and resource. Tecnica are well versed in IT security and consequently can offer a vast array of prevention tools. The five most common cyber-attacks faced by SMEs are:
- Phishing – gaining sensitive information while posing as a trustworthy contact
- Ransomware – encrypting data and extorting a ransom to release an unlock code
- Insider threat – deliberate or careless leaking of documents
- Hacking – targeting SMEs to gain valuable information e.g. bank account, credit card details
- Data leakage – portable storage devices being targets for data thieves
First and foremost you must be able to recognise these threats and raise awareness, ensuring quality IT security without breaking the bank. Part of our IT steering strategy is to offer such guidance in accordance with recognised Government and CIS best practice. In general terms this means raising awareness, updating software, maintaining anti-virus and anti-malware tools, maintaining access security as well as locking down points of access to the network.
If your business is concerned about system security, we can carry out security audits periodically and report these at board level to highlight risk and plan mitigation. Furthermore, we can provide basic monitoring of the network and vigilance over current threats that appear in the public domain to minimise exposure.
Within our security portfolio we provide the following industry recommended security measures in alignment with UK Cyber Security certification strategy 2016 and perceived EU data protection policy 2018 to defend against malicious exploitation.