Cloud computing, also known as “the cloud,” is a type of internet based computing. Data and programs are stored and accessed through the internet as opposed to traditional hard drives, centralising data storage and creating a more efficient IT environment.
The three main types of cloud computing are Public, Private and Hybrid. Private cloud delivers services straight from a business' data center to internal users, whereas Private cloud services are delivered through the internet by a third party provider. Hybrid cloud is a combination of both on premise private cloud and public cloud services, with the ability to orchestrate between the two.
As Microsoft partners Tecnica can offer Office 365 as a cloud based service, enabling all of our clients the ability to work anywhere, anytime, on any device. Office 365 and Azure provide businesses of any size with increased user productivity, assured reliability and robust security.
Infrastructure as a Service or ‘IAAS’
Infrastructure as a Service delivers cloud computing infrastructure, owned and hosted by a service provider, which is offered to customers’ as a fully outsourced on-demand service.
Benefits of Infrastructure as a Service
- Companies only pay for the storage they actually use, by utilizing virtual storage features like thin provisioning.
- Eliminates the need to install physical storage devices on your own premises.
- Storage maintenance such as backup and data replication are taken care of for you - saving you time and money.
Security as a Service or ‘SECaaS’
Security as a service is a cloud based security service that provides companies the benefit of constant virus updates, greater security, log management and a web interface that allows in-house administration. This service also includes web / mail filtering - keeping your browsing safe and your mail boxes clear. Up to 95% of incoming email is spam, and with SaaS all this unproductive email is intercepted in the cloud so it never hits your servers or gets the opportunity to hog your bandwidth.
A Hosted Exchange solution takes care of anti-spam along with anti-virus, further reducing expenditure and allowing backups and archiving to be done with ease and at a much lower cost than traditional methods. Email is a business critical service these days, and a good hosted email solution provides secure, ultra-reliable access to emails 24/7 from anywhere in the world. At Tecnica we ensure our cloud infrastructure is best in class for resilience and data security.
Benefits of Security as a Service
- Cost effective, as there is no initial financial outlay
- Built in anti-virus and anti-spam
- Access to your work from anywhere in the world
- Business critical data is mirrored and backed up
- Restoring business critical work at the touch of a button
Software as a Service or ‘SaaS’
SaaS allows users to 'rent' or borrow online software as opposed to actually purchasing and installing it on their own computers. One of the biggest benefits of SaaS is the potential to reduce IT support costs by outsourcing hardware and software maintenance and support with no upfront investment in servers or software licensing. The applications are hosted centrally by Tecnica, so new releases, patches and updates can be put in place without requiring customer installation of new software.
Benefits of Software as a Service
- Improves productivity and mobility – enables secure online access to SaaS applications from virtually any location and on almost any device
- No software upgrade costs - new releases are put in place centrally, removing the need for customers to physically install new software
- Remove local infrastructure - investing in expensive local infrastructure, software updates, training and specialist IT support staff is now a thing of the past
- Reduce carbon footprint – no internal infrastructure and servers significantly reducing your carbon footprint
- Expert support - All users are supported by a UK based technical support team
Back up as a service or ‘BaaS’
The rise of complex infrastructure means reliance on traditional tape services for system back-ups is no longer a viable option for modern businesses. Losing data critical to your business can be a nightmare, and investing in very expensive network storage devices or employing your own IT expert team to systematically back up your data are no longer your only options.
Our BaaS solution combines our specialist cloud infrastructure with industry leading bare metal backup technology to ensure the data you need to protect is always there when you need it, creating a fully integrated solution leveraging high speed recovery and data loss avoidance capabilities.
Benefits of Back up as a Service
- No need to upgrade back up hardware
- Frees up valuable IT resources
- Granular deduplication takes the burden off applications and networks by only backing up changed data
- Data is always recoverable, quickly and efficiently
Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
Tecnicas certified IT consultants assess your current IT Infrastructure providing consultancy, planning, design, implementation and support, working with leading established industry partners, resulting in high performance cloud solutions. From our purpose built Tier3 Datacentre in Fife we offer an array of cloud services from Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity (DRBC) to Email Security and Web security as well as hosted server and other hosted and unified telephony services, enhancing our comprehensive support capability.
Business Continuity (BC) and Disaster Recovery (DR) are often used interchangeably; however they are two entirely separate business plan functions. The main differentiator between BC and DR is that DR deals solely on the technological recovery during the disaster, whereas business continuity addresses chronic challenges the business may face, putting plans and procedures in place to ensure business functionality.
Both of these plans are integral to business as they provide them with a clear path of how disasters will be dealt with - showing how long it will take for core business functions to be back up and running should the worst happen. It creates a platform to assess how much money would be required to get the business back to core functionality, and helps to budget for such occurrences. Overall this provides businesses peace of mind knowing that should the worst happen, they are fully prepared to deal with it in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Tecnica offer support and outsourced services, as well as cloud based services such as hosting and DRBC presenting a comprehensive portfolio of IT business services. Our certified experts can combine different cloud services to create a solution that meets your needs at a price that suits your business.